How to upgrade Blackberry Curve 9300 to OS 6.0
In my previous post, I showed you that my Blackberry Curve 3G 9300 has been upgraded to OS 184.108.40.2068 and it works without any problem.
UPDATE!! I found a bug in this release that I could not make a call directly from Contacts, click the Menu or just click a contact to see the contact details. Most of my contacts are saved in the SIM Phone Book, in this release I can not view the contacts that saved in the SIM. If you still want to upgrade to OS 6, there is a good news that StarHub Ltd. officially dropped BlackBerry OS 220.127.116.118 for Curve 3G 9300. This is an official release. You can safely upgrade to that release instead.
UPDATE!! BlackBerry OS 18.104.22.1684 just leaked and available for BlackBerry Curve 3G 9300, Pearl 3G and Bold 9700. You can download and test from here.
If you feel unhappy with the OS 6.0, you can follow this guide to downgrade.
For those of you that want to know the step by step on how to upgrade, here is the guide. This guide should work for any upgrade of Blackberry OS to the latest version.
1. Blackberry Desktop Software, can be downloaded at http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
2. Blackberry OS 22.214.171.1248, the download links can be found at the end of this guide.
3. The Blackberry Curve 9300
4. The Blackberry USB data cable
WARNING!! This OS version is still an unofficial release so do it at your own risk. It is highly encouraged that you backup anything before upgrading.
Lets go to the guide!
1. Firstly you need to install the Blackberry Desktop Software. This software, if any new software update found, will prompt you that an update is available. Make sure this software is not running before installing the OS 126.96.36.1998.
2. Double click the 9300M_PBr6.0.0_rel1676_PL188.8.131.52_A184.108.40.2068.exe to start the installation.
3. Select your country or region
4. Accept the license agreement
5. Installation of Blackberry OS to the local computer. It may take some minutes so please wait.
6. Installation completed. Check the box ‘Yes, I want to start the BlackBerry Desktop Software’ the click Finish button.
7. The BlackBerry Desktop Software will automatically start after clicking the Finish button, if not run it manually.
Connect The Blackberry Curve 9300 device using the USB data cable. The BlackBerry Desktop Software will detect that there is an update version found in the local computer. Make sure the available new version is correct, Version 220.127.116.118 (Bundle 1676). Click ‘Get Update’ button to the next step.
8. Make sure to check the ‘Back up device data’ and fill your email address to get notified a new software update. Click the ‘Install Update’ button to start updating.
9. Please wait while the BlackBerry Software Device Software is updated. It may take up to 30 minutes so be patience.
10. After several minutes, if there is no problem, the software update is complete. You can savely disconnect the device from the PC/Laptop.
Now your BlackBerry Curve 9300 is upgraded to BlackBerry OS 18.104.22.1688. Enjoy the new experience of BlackBerry OS 6.
Vodafone: Official BlackBerry OS 22.214.171.1248
StarHub: Official BlackBerry OS 126.96.36.1998