8 Tips To Use Cell Phones After An Earthquake
When the earthquakes occur and the earth starts shaking the first thing that anyone do is to take the cell phones in their hands and start calling the family members of the friends. But unfortunately the networks are jammed and signals get busy when an earthquake occurs.
Earthquake is the most disastrous natural calamity and brings the most devastating results. Nobody can contact their near and dear ones at the time of earthquake as the signals get jammed badly. Not just for the duration of earthquake but the networks are jammed for much more time even when earthquakes occur.
Communication is the only tool which can help people to get the help in such natural calamities and when they are not able to communicate the situation gets worsened. Cell phones are the most commonly used means of communication these days but what to do when the cell phones are not working.
This situation gave rise to the invention satellite phones. These phones are different from the regular cell phones. The cell phones communicate through the network towers but the satellite communicates directly through the satellites which are orbiting around the planet. Its coverage is more expansive than that of the cell phones and so the satellite phones works well even during and after the earthquake.
If you don’t have a satellite phone below are a few tips for you about how to use the cell phones during and after the earthquake. This article will benefit the people, businesses and families to prepare themselves for such worse conditions of earthquakes :
1. Use the service of call forwarding. It might be useful in the emergency situations. If you are not at home, you can set the call forward to your cell phones and all the calls getting to your landline would transfer to your cell phone automatically.
2. Limit the non emergency calls in your cell phones and keep the networks and lines free for the emergency services. Also don’t forget to conserve the battery power of your cell phones.
3. Always keep your cell phone charger with you, even in your vehicle so that you can charge your cell phones after the earthquake when electricity is not there.
4. Keep all your emergency phone numbers in the setting of one touch dialing system. This is one of the best dialing services in the cell phones and best usable in the emergencies like earthquakes. There are many toll free RingCentral 800 number which work well in such situations. You can add the RingCentral 800 number on the top of touch dialing settings.
5. If possible keep a backup battery with your always. It would be of immense use. Keeping a spare battery will me you able to call even when the running battery in your cell phone is died completely.
6. Text messages are also very useful to convey the messages in such emergency situations. In the severe network congestions, text messages could be the only way to communicate with your friends and family.
7. Know all the advanced features of your cell phones. The latest cell phones being launched presently have many different and high tech features like emailing, weather updates and latest news reports etc. This can help you to get a hint about the coming disaster of the earthquake.
8. Internet is also a good means of communication when the cell phone networks are jammed. Make sure that you are connected with the world through the social networking website like Facebook, twitter etc. You can convey the message of help to the world through internet
After all the above mentioned tips the best thing that may work out well is to arrange the seminars time to time to get people know about the safety measures to be taken during and after earthquakes.