My office has one set of HP LaserJet 1020 mainly for printing any documents. You know, I use MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.7.2 Lion for my daily activities. Therefore my MacBook Pro must be able to print documents via the HP LaserJet 1020 printer model.
Fortunately, I don’t need to manually download the driver and install it. It is already there. Though there is no exact driver for this printer model, but I can use the HP LaserJet 1022 driver instead. Yeah, this driver works properly for the HP LaserJet 1020 model.
This tutorial shows you how to install HP LaserJet 1020 on Mac OS X 10.7.2 Lion. The printer is directly connected to the MacBook Pro via USB cable. Here is the step-by-step:
1. Plug the USB cable of the printer in to the USB port
2. Run System Preferences and then click the Print & Scan
3. In the Print & Scan window, click Add (+) to set up a printer
4. The Add Printer window will appear.
5. Click on the printer model above. The name and location of the printer will be automatically defined. See the image below!
6. Click on the Choose a Driver or Printer Model and then Select Printer Software…
7. The Printer Software window will appear which lists all the installed drivers. Type ‘HP LaserJet 1022‘ in the search bar to quickly find the printer’s driver. Select the ‘HP LaserJet 1022, 22.214.171.1241’ and then click OK.
8. Now in the Print Using option as in step 5 should be set to ‘HP LaserJet 1022, 126.96.36.1991’. Click the Add button to add the printer.
9. Everything has been done. Now the printer should be listed in the Printer & Scan window.
I hope this tutorial is helpful for you when adding HP LaserJet 1020 on Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.