KCFinder Web File Manager is an alternative to the CKFinder. It can be integrated into FCKeditor, CKEditor, and TinyMCE WYSIWYG web editors (or your custom web applications) to upload and manage images, flash movies, and other files that can be embedded in an editor’s generated HTML content.
The list of KCFinder Web File Manager features:
- Ajax engine
- Select multiple files with the Ctrl key
- Download multiple files or a folder as single ZIP file
- Clipboard for copying and moving multiple files
- Easy to integrate and configure in web applications
- Return a list of selected files to custom integrating application
- Resize bigger uploaded images. Configurable maximum image resolution
- Configurable thumbnail resolution
- Visual CSS themes
- Multilanguage system
- KCFinder is tested on Apache 2 web server only. Probably it will works on other web servers. If your web server does not support .htaccess files, you should take care turning off script engine in the upload directory.
- Only PHP5 server-side scripting is supported. GD extension is required and safe mode should be off. To work with client-side HTTP cache, the PHP must be configured as Apache module.
- KCFinder supports Fileinfo PHP extension for MIME type detection of the files. If you decide to use this feature, you should to load Fileinfo extension. PHP versions prior to 5.3 needs to install Fileinfo PECL package.
- PHP ZIP extension should be loaded in order to have ability downloading multiple files and directories as single ZIP file.
- Browser side code requires modern browser supporting CSS3. KCFinder does not work in Internet Explorer 6. The only way to use KCFinder with Internet Explorer 6 is to install Google Chrome Frame ActiveX plugin.
More details about KCFinder, the demo, the installation instruction and the download file can be found at its website.