Today, Apple just released a new update of its iOS mobile operating system to version iOS 5.1. The update is available for download for iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. According to the Apple security updates, the iOS 5.1 was released for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation) and later, iPad, and iPad 2. So if you own the mentioned devices, you are ready to upgrade to the iOS 5.1.
The update comes to bring some improvements and bug fixes for the previous version including:
• Japanese language support for Siri (availability may be limited during initial rollout)
• Photos can now be deleted from Photo Stream
• Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
• Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
• Redesigned Camera app for iPad
• Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
• Audio for TV shows and movies on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
• Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30 second rewind for iPad
• Updated AT&T network indicator
• Addresses bugs affecting battery life
• Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls
With the very interesting new features above, all Apple iOS must want to upgrade to the iOS 5.1
How to update / upgrade your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch to iOS 5.1?
I have an iPod Touch 4th generation and I want to upgrade to the iOS 5.1 to taste it. I upgraded it via iTunes however you can also upgrade it directly via the devices.
Here the step by step I have done to upgrade:
1. Connect you iPad/iPhone/iPod touch to your Mac via USB cable.
2. If iTunes is not automatically run, run it manually. Then click on your device and then click ‘Check for Update’ button.
3. iTunes will retrieve if an available update found. You will be prompted that a new version of iOS 5.1 is available for download. Click ‘Download and Update’ button to start downloading and updating your device.
4. Follow the on-screen installation processes. Don’t disconnect your device during the process. If there is no error, your device should be successfully upgraded to iOS 5.1.
You are ready to taste the new experiences and features of iOS 5.1.